Gentle Alarm 3.2.2 Free Download
Shareware: You can try this program, but this version has some limited features or time usage restrictions. You should purchase it in order to remove those limits.
Before you get stressed about work, you will first battle against yourself when you wake up early in the morning. It’s really hard to wake up early especially when you slept late the night before. And instead of having the normal alarm clock that wakes you up all the time, give Gentle Alarm a try.
Gentle Alarm works the same way as an ordinary alarm clock except that it aims to wake you up during your light sleep. It’s like having a pre-wake up state so that your body won’t feel forced when you get up from your bed. You can personalize your clock’s appearance by changing the colors, font size and backgrounds.
Furthermore, Gentle Alarm lets you create a playlist for all the songs that you want to use as your alarm. It also includes games like puzzle and math tests that you can play before you sleep.
Wakes you up at optimal time in sleep phase. Night display, dock support.
free TRIAL version available
* most popular Android alarm *
WANT GENTLE ALARM IN YOUR LANGUAGE? CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT TO HELP TRANSLATE! You can earn cash with this!
NO MORE UPDATE REQUIREMENTS!!
Buyers within the European Union: 19% VAT will be add to the sales price
Full explanation of all permissions given below.
- very feature rich
- speech input and output
- dock support
- tries to you wake you up during light sleep (optional, see below)
- music, playlists, can create own playlists by choosing an artist or genre...
- uses own media player for super-gentle fade-in of music
- silent alarm with slowly increasing vibration
- night display
- large button mode for users with glasses
- flip to snooze
- Puzzle or math tests if you are awake
- Tasker and SleepBot support
- very customizable
An alarm clock shouldn't shell-shock you out of your dreams. That's why I created Gentle Alarm which tries to wake you up during light sleep using an optional pre-alarm.
Alarm clocks can't know if you are in light sleep or deep sleep (those movement based alarm clock don't work) but they can play a very quiet pre-alarm which you will only hear if you are in light sleep. If you are in deep sleep, you will simply sleep through the pre-alarm.
The pre-alarm plays 30min before you really want to get up (you can change that). If the pre-alarm wakes you up, you will be more refreshed than if you had slept until the main alarm because at that time you would have fallen back into deep sleep. Give it a try and I am sure you won't want to miss it anymore.
Of course, the app has all the usual features of a great alarm clock:
It can switch to a night display automatically when docking the phone. It can automatically shorten the snooze time with each time you press snooze. It can automatically create playlists of your favorite artist or genre. And it allows you to change colors, fonts, and backgrounds.
Gentle Alarm is still being actively improved. Lots of new features to come over the next few months...
PERMISSIONS: Gentle Alarm uses the following permissions...
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: So it can activate an alarm after you reboot the phone. After reboot, all alarms of all apps are cancelled by default.
* WAKE_LOCK: So the phone can stay on while playing an alarm or while displaying the night display.
* DISABLE_KEYGUARD: When the alarm rings, you don't have to unlock the phone to be able to turn the alarm off.
* VIBRATE: obvious
* WRITE_SETTINGS: It adjusts some system settings such as airplane mode, silent mode, etc.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: It logs some data on your SD card.
* READ_PHONE_STATE: So it can turn off the alarm when the phone rings and prevent an alarm from ringing while you are talking on the phone.
* READ_LOGS: So you can send me debug data (if you choose to)
* INTERNET: So that I can display ads (trial version only). Also, if the app crashes, it offers to send me a debug report directly to my servers. The app will politely ask you if you want to send that data or not. If you do, it needs an internet connection. If not, it doesn't but I still need the permission in the app because you may want to send the debug data.
No special requirements